Traveling around Laos with kids

Planning your trip to Laos.
MograBloom
Flying in
Flying in

Traveling around Laos with kids

Postby MograBloom » Sun May 11, 2014 9:05 pm

Is it a good idea to take kids (5-7 years old) on a journey? Any advice will be appreciated: transport (car? rikshaw? bus? train?), medical care, entertainment, food etc. What are the best places to visit with kids in Laos? Best things to do?
brinch
Laos Novice
Laos Novice

Re: Traveling around Laos with kids

Postby brinch » Mon May 12, 2014 1:37 pm

You should definetely bring your kids along, if you plan to travel to Laos. There may not be a lot of amusement parks to visit in Laos, but there are other things to do as a family. For example, if you go to Luang Prabang, the kids will love to swim at Tad Sae and Kuang Si waterfalls or visit the elephant village. In Vientiane the children will have fun at the bowling center and the local exotic markets.
Kuang_Si_Falls.jpg
Kuang Si Falls
Kuang_Si_Falls.jpg (108.84 KiB) Viewed 1896 times
Best always!
LaosForums.com Webmaster
MograBloom
Flying in
Flying in

Postby MograBloom » Mon May 12, 2014 1:58 pm

This is beautiful, I would definitely choose this place over an amusement park, and my kids would do the same, I guess :)
OrigamiCrane
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby OrigamiCrane » Tue May 20, 2014 12:40 pm

That's such a beautiful picture! I can't wait to see it in person! The water looks crystal clear.
phuket76
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby phuket76 » Thu May 22, 2014 7:44 am

You also ask for advice on transportation when travelling with kids in Laos. I think the most safe way to travel is by taxi. The fare seems reassonable. Riding in rickshaws however, would make me nervous :o
charley
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby charley » Tue May 27, 2014 10:17 pm

One thing that would worry me is if my child gets sick during the stay, and needs to go to the hospital. There are no modern hospitals in Laos (to the best of my knowledge). The nearest hospital would probably be in Thailand or Hong Kong, but who wants to travel 100's of kilometers with a sick child?
Nathaniel998
Flying in
Flying in

Postby Nathaniel998 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:50 am

Laos is a beautiful Asian country to visit on earth. It is an ideal destination for all kinds of travelers. It offers a wide range of heritage as well as natural spots to see. My favorite places are; Vieng Xai, Pha That Luang, Si Phan Don, Vang Vieng, Mekong River and Luang Prabang.