What to see in Luang Prabang

Planning your trip to Laos.
quark
Flying in
Flying in

What to see in Luang Prabang

Postby quark » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:43 am

Hi forum!

I want to plan my trip to Luang Prabang and would like to ask you Laos gurus in here, what I should definetely see when I get there :) So far I have Kuang Si Falls, Mount Phousi and the famous Night Market on my list, but I'm sure there are other must-sees?

Thanks for your input :D
lucas
Vientiane Lurker
Vientiane Lurker

Re: What to see in Luang Prabang

Postby lucas » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:52 pm

You also want to see this in Luang Prabang:

1) The Golden City (Wat Xieng Thong), which is a beautiful temple close to Nam Khan River.
2) Elephant Village (Ban Xieng Lo), where the elephants are actually treated with respect (or so I've heard).
3) Alms Giving Ceremony with monks. This is close to The Golder City temple. You will definetely not be the only tourist there ;)
4) Tad Thong Waterfall which is quite astonishing and surrounded by rainforest.
5) The Morning Market where you can shop with the locals. The market is located near Mount Phousi.

Many tourists rent a bike in Luang Prabang because it's an easy way to get around and see nature at the same time.

If you have time, you should consider a few days in Vientiane :)
quark
Flying in
Flying in

Postby quark » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:30 am

Thanks for the tips :) Oh, and I think I will rent a bike when I get there...
StephanieG
Flying in
Flying in

Postby StephanieG » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:13 am

Luang Prabang is a site full of enchanting things to do. :) After spending five days here, these are are some of our favorite: the almsgiving ceremony, Wat Xieng Thong, Mount Phousi in the center of town, the stunning Kuang Si Waterfalls, the famous Pak Ou Caves, the Elephant Village and the Hmong Night Market. This was the first time we came to South East Asia and we were impressed. This booking agency https://www.bestpricevn.com/Tours_Luang-Prabang-Tours/ helped us organize our tour.
SKYpz
Flying in
Flying in

Postby SKYpz » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:09 pm

lucas wrote:You also want to see this in Luang Prabang:

1) The Golden City (Wat Xieng Thong), which is a beautiful temple close to Nam Khan River.
2) Elephant Village (Ban Xieng Lo), where the elephants are actually treated with respect (or so I've heard).
3) Alms Giving Ceremony with monks. This is close to The Golder City temple. You will definetely not be the only tourist there ;)
4) Tad Thong Waterfall which is quite astonishing and surrounded by rainforest.
5) The Morning Market where you can shop with the locals. The market is located near Mount Phousi.

Many tourists rent a bike in Luang Prabang because it's an easy way to get around and see nature at the same time.

If you have time, you should consider a few days in Vientiane :)
Great tips! I hope to visit Laos one day in the near future. I've been to Thailand and Cambodia. I really love South East Asia.
quangwilliam212
Flying in
Flying in

Postby quangwilliam212 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:12 am

great tips !! That is so helpful. Thanks
zay6385
Flying in
Flying in

Postby zay6385 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:27 am

Nice piece of information guys, i have been to Laos 2 time and i can share with you about my top 10 things to experience while in Luang Prabang.

1. Climb Mount Phousi
2. Visit different Wat
3. Enjoy an active day at Kuang Si waterfall
4. Experience Tak Bat (Alms giving)
5. Chill out at Utopia
6. Plough Rice Fields with Water Buffalo
7. Wander Bare Foot around the Royal Palace Museum
8. Dine out on Traditional Lao Cuisine
9. Enjoy a Friendly Barter at the Night Market
10. Ride the Mighty Mekong

You may grab some free tour and itineraries for Laos and Luang prabang on http://www.vietnamtourpedia.com/laos-tour-packages

Thanks and hope it helps :)