Growing up in Laos

Discuss living and working in Laos
brinch
Laos Novice
Laos Novice

Growing up in Laos

Postby brinch » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 am

Ever wondered what it's like growing up in Laos? Then check out this free easy-read ebook, which tells the story of a Lao boy's life, his family, and his village. It's in English, German and French.

I believe the village called Ban Had Hian, where the boy lives, is the same as in this youtube video.

Best always!
LaosForums.com Webmaster
Adam
Flying in
Flying in

Re: Growing up in Laos

Postby Adam » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:09 pm

I hope Laos will see more prosperity in the future, so children will benefit from better education. Anyway, despite poverty the kids still look happy. Thanks for the link, it's a great read.
stumpy
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Growing up in Laos

Postby stumpy » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:13 am

Better education is on the move in Vientiane and to a lesser extent in Luang Prabang and Pakse. Many international schools in Vientiane now. I think the next generation of kids who are in University and schools in Vientiane are more aware of what is going on in the outside world and so may make a difference. The children in the countryside do not have anywhere the same degree of educational facilities and they often have to work for the family to make ends meet. But yes they are happy wherever you go. Never short of a smile....