Currently Working and Living in Laos

Discuss living and working in Laos
Sabaidee
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Currently Working and Living in Laos

Postby Sabaidee » Thu May 14, 2015 9:31 am

I am currently back in Laos. I lived and worked in Lao between 2012 and 2014 and went back to the Netherlands for 9 months. I returned to Laos in March 2015 and I am searching for a job/ business now.

I travelled around a lot and liked Laos and decided to go back here to stay :-)
AngelaW
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby AngelaW » Fri May 15, 2015 10:23 pm

Sabaidee wrote:I am currently back in Laos. I lived and worked in Lao between 2012 and 2014 and went back to the Netherlands for 9 months. I returned to Laos in March 2015 and I am searching for a job/ business now.

I travelled around a lot and liked Laos and decided to go back here to stay :-)
I would assume your life in Laos is very different from that in Holland? What made you decide to leave Holland and go to live in Laos?
Sabaidee
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Sabaidee » Sat May 16, 2015 4:38 am

I never lived in Holland, but that is another story ;-)

Yes, life in Laos is very different in many ways, but the same in some ways as well (as we are all humans and some things are the same or almost the same all around the world).

I don't want a regular life and I wanted to experience what it is to life in a completely different country with a different culture and climate (and many other things that are nog the same). I visited Laos before and liked the country (I still do like most of it) and decided to go back, and so I did.

My life here is not (and was not) luxurious and I never made a lot of money here. That makes it more difficult sometimes, but also interesting.
AngelaW
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby AngelaW » Sat May 16, 2015 1:26 pm

@Sabaidee: I think it must be interesting like you say, but also tough at times, to move to a country which is so different from what one is used to in Europe. I would probably never dare to make a move like that, although I dream of it sometimes, when life becomes to much of a routine :?

What would you say are some of the positive and negative things about living and working in Laos?
Sabaidee
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Sabaidee » Sun May 17, 2015 7:23 am

I will come back to that soon :-)