Nam Ngum Lake

Laos travel stories. Members of the forum can post their trip reports here.
Phouvanay
Just Landed
Just Landed

Nam Ngum Lake

Postby Phouvanay » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:32 pm

Nam Ngum lake, a beautiful, clear lake. You can literally see to the bottom of the lake. There's a hotel just south of the lake, where you can rent a boat to one of the little islands and spend your day swimming. I'll post photos when I find them. :D
Attachments
Nam Ngum 03.jpg
Nam Ngum 02.jpg
Nam Ngum 01.jpg
missBackpacker
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Nam Ngum Lake

Postby missBackpacker » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:00 pm

Sure looks like a nice place. I assume the hotel to the south of the lake is Dansavanh Nam Ngum Resort. It seems that the hotel reviews go from "horrible" to "good" :)
Phouvanay
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Phouvanay » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:12 pm

missBackpacker wrote:Sure looks like a nice place. I assume the hotel to the south of the lake is Dansavanh Nam Ngum Resort. It seems that the hotel reviews go from "horrible" to "good" :)
I am not to sure. We never stayed in that hotel. We drove there, boat site seeing/swim most of the day, and drove back into Vientiane. :D
missBackpacker
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby missBackpacker » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:02 am

I look forward to see some of the pictures you took of Nam Ngum, when you find them :D
Nodia111
Flying in
Flying in

Postby Nodia111 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:52 am

Nam Ngum is the beautiful River in Laos. It is one of the major tributaries of the Mekong. The visitors can visit; Nam Ngum included the Nam Ngum Lake, Dansavanh Nam Ngum Resort, and Vang Vieng. It is an ideal place for fishing. For more information about it, you can click here [/Admin: Link removed as it lead nowhere]. Let me share some image of that place;

[/Admin: One image removed as it appeared to be copyrighted.]