Will Lao women marry foreigners?

Anything related to Laos which does not fit into the other forums.
edartlee
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Will Lao women marry foreigners?

Postby edartlee » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:51 pm

quite interesting :D
So far I am undecided on which girl I should end up marrying
The First one! .. nah .. kidding .. haha,.

keep us posted and good luck :thumbup:
Currently in a journey looking for cheap lessons about anything.. new language.. cooking.. sports.. martial arts.. psychic abilities.. dragon balls.. pokemons.. etc..
If you have anything cheap to share.. contact me :D

Keep going .. keep learning :P
pacman
Flying in
Flying in

Postby pacman » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:30 am

This is the third post about my trip to Laos, where I'm hopefully going to find an Asian girl to marry. I already met 36 year old Suang from Vientiane who is a very sweet and outgoing girl. I also met Ta from Xam Nua, a 32 year old girl, who is very pretty but a little mute (might be the perfect combination for some guys, I reckon ;-) ).

At the age of 38, Tou is the oldest of the three girls I am going to meet. I would say she looks like the average Lao woman with long black hair and dark skinned. Tou lives in a town called Muang Sing (close to the Myanmar border), which seems as far away from civilization as one can get. Even finding a guest house around these rural parts of Laos is challenging. My plan was to stay in Muang Sing for two days, and then head back to Vientiane.

Tou works as a teacher in one of the local village schools. She is very good with children, and seems to be loved by everyone in the neighborhood. She speaks a bit of French and English, which makes it easy for me to communicate with her. It complicates matters a bit that she has a son from an earlier marriage, because getting a visa for both might not be easy.

Well, I had the pleasure of meeting her family who lives in a small wooden house in the village. So far I have only good things to say about them, and in some strange way it feels like I have known them for 10 years already. I really enjoyed being with Tou, and I was sad when I had to leave her.

On my way back to Vientiane I realised that choosing between the three girls was not going to be easy. All girls were sweet and good looking, and each of them might make the perfect wife. I'll let you know in my next post, which girl I eventually decided on :-)
phuket76
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby phuket76 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:58 am

It sounds like you had picked 3 great ladies to visit. Now comes the hard part :D If it was me I'd go for number 3...
pacman
Flying in
Flying in

Postby pacman » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:08 am

I went for the Vientiane lady named Suang - the first of the three ladies I met during my stay in Laos. It was not an easy choice, as I could see all of them as my future wifes. What made the difference then, you maybe ask? Well, I think Suang was the one I felt most comfortable being near; also I'm surden she will fit into the environment in my home country without too many complications. We'll see about that! Now starts the process of obtaining a visa for her. I'll let you know how things will work out. Thanks for your comments so far :-)
phuket76
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby phuket76 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:03 am

Hi pacman

How did it all go with the visa process and getting your Lao girlfriend to your home country? I hope it all worked out for you ;)
pacman
Flying in
Flying in

Postby pacman » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:56 pm

Hi

It's a bit of a frustrating process to go through. The thing is that we need an affidavit from Lao before we can get legally married. I've heard that this can take up to two years to obtain! So actually we have not even started thinking about the visa yet :( I really hate bureaucracy...
edartlee
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby edartlee » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:50 pm

Wish you all the luck :D :thumbup:

and ..2 years for the papers? .. they're getting slower and slower .. hahaha ... hope it works out faster for you :D
Currently in a journey looking for cheap lessons about anything.. new language.. cooking.. sports.. martial arts.. psychic abilities.. dragon balls.. pokemons.. etc..
If you have anything cheap to share.. contact me :D

Keep going .. keep learning :P
pacman
Flying in
Flying in

Postby pacman » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:28 am

edartlee wrote:Wish you all the luck :D :thumbup:

and ..2 years for the papers? .. they're getting slower and slower .. hahaha ... hope it works out faster for you :D
Thanks a lot :D Yes, I wish for a little luck as well, before I pull out all my hair :wtf:
Saintest
Flying in
Flying in

Postby Saintest » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:12 am

Thanks for the great advice, guys! I'll check out one of the online dating services first to meet a girl or two in advance, and will let you know how my dating/marriage adventure goes :)
Sabrina
Flying in
Flying in

Postby Sabrina » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:51 am

I am going to Laos in a couple of months, and if possible I would like to meet a nice Lao man while I'm there)