Will Lao women marry foreigners?

Anything related to Laos which does not fit into the other forums.
pacman
Flying in
Flying in

Will Lao women marry foreigners?

Postby pacman » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:27 pm

Hi

i've been lurking in the forum for a while, and want to join in - se here I am :)

I am going to Laos in a couple of months, and if possible I would like to meet a nice Lao woman while I'm there. If things work out between us, I'd like to marry her and bring her back to my country in Europe. But what are Lao womens attitude towards foreigners? Are they interested in marriage like Thai women are?

/pacman.
laosTraveller
Vientiane Lurker
Vientiane Lurker

Re: Will Lao women marry foreigners?

Postby laosTraveller » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:10 am

Well, Lao women are conservative and not as outgoing as Thais. Therefore you may find it difficult to meet up with a Lao woman in private, and intimacy is not allowed between the two of you, unless you are already married (according to the law).

It might be easier to make contact with a few girls online and get to know them before you come to Laos?
lucas
Vientiane Lurker
Vientiane Lurker

Postby lucas » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:21 pm

Sure, Lao women are interested in foreigners! They believe all Westerners are loaded with money, and if you have no problem supporting her family for the rest of your life, I'd say you will have no trouble finding a sweet girl here in Laos ;) But don't rush it; take your time to find the right one :thumbup:
pacman
Flying in
Flying in

Postby pacman » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:32 pm

Thanks for the great advice, guys! I'll check out one of the online dating services first to meet a girl or two in advance, and will let you know how my dating/marriage adventure goes :)
pacman
Flying in
Flying in

Postby pacman » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:14 pm

Here is a little update to my post. I joined an online match making service, and found three girls aged between 32-38 who seemed sweet and had interesting profiles. I've been chatting with each of them online for about 1 month now and I'm going to meet them when I visit Laos in the near future. I plan to spend a couple of days with each girl to hopefully get a little chance to know their personalities better and decide on who I like the most.

I'll keep you posted ;)
edartlee
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby edartlee » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:55 am

now this is interesting :D .. I look forward to your updates xD
Currently in a journey looking for cheap lessons about anything.. new language.. cooking.. sports.. martial arts.. psychic abilities.. dragon balls.. pokemons.. etc..
If you have anything cheap to share.. contact me :D

Keep going .. keep learning :P
ads
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby ads » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:34 pm

i too am interested in the result of this. Keep us posted ;)
pacman
Flying in
Flying in

Postby pacman » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:18 am

Here is a little update to my posts so far. I arrived in Vientiane about a week ago and have spent 2 days with the first lady I've been planning to meet in Laos. Her name is Suang and she's 36 years old, long dark hair, a little chubby (in a cute way) and around 155cm. She has no children. Suang has shown me around Vientiane, and I truely love it here. She works at one of the local outdoor markets here in Vientiane where she sells clothes, and in my opinion she seems to make a decent living doing what she does. Her English is not that good and she does not have any education besides upper secondary school (I assume that's not uncommon here).

Overall she's an amazing girl, always smiling and laughing, and if it was not because I had already arranged dates with two other Lao ladies, I would definitely go for her. I know she is looking for a foreigner to marry and although she did not tell me directly, I feel I will have a good chance with her. I 've told Suang that I'm going to see other parts of Laos while I'm here, but I did not tell her I will see other girls during my stay.

The next girl I'm going to meet calls herself Ta (I love those short nicknames), and she lives in a village in Xam Nua. I'll keep you posted ;-)
javelin92
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby javelin92 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:20 am

I look forward to read how your love adventure ends :D
pacman
Flying in
Flying in

Postby pacman » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:18 pm

Continuing my previous post I headed to Xam Nua, which is a village about 300 km North East of Vientiane. I was going to meet the second girl on my journey, Ta, outside my hotel the day I arrived. She told me she'd show me around town. Ta is 32 years old, slim with long dark hair about 150 cm and quite a stunner in my eyes :-)

Xam Nua is actually a lovely place but there is not much to see for the average tourist. After showing me a couple of temples, and the one and only shopping street (which is really just a few shops), Ta invited me to meet her family. Ta still lives at home with with her mum and two younger brothers. Like the first girl I met in Laos, Ta has no education besides public school. Her mother runs a small shop in front of their house where she sells all sorts of groceries. Ta makes a little money helping her mum in the shop, but besides from that, she doesn't work. Her family all seems kind and good hearted from what I know.

The following two days Ta drove me around Xam Nua to show me mountains and more temples. Although Ta seems more serious, restricted and less "loose" than the first girl I met in Laos, we had lots of good laughs. Ta had a Lao boyfriend when she was younger but no children came out of this relationsship. I understand that Ta very much wants a foreign boyfriend, and I might just be the one she is looking for. So far I am undecided on which girl I should end up marrying, but fortunately I still have one more girl to meet. Her name is Tou and she lives near Muang Sing (close to the Myanmar border). I will be on my way, and keep you posted... :wave: