Savannakhet - Laos English translation wanted

Anything related to Laos which does not fit into the other forums.
turg
Flying in
Flying in

Savannakhet - Laos English translation wanted

Postby turg » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:35 am

I'm trying to apply for a UK visitors visa for my girlfriend. She speaks english but does not read or write. I need somone who can translate her parents ID details and address to English , preferably someone who is familiar with the Visa or Passport application process. But if their english and Lao is really good that would be OK.
Various agents offer services but few of them speak English and they are obviously outsourcing. I want to go to the source if possible.

Any suggestions ?
lucas
Vientiane Lurker
Vientiane Lurker

Re: Savannakhet - Laos English translation wanted

Postby lucas » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:22 pm

Could this be what you're looking for: http://www.revolution-translation.com/t ... ench-thai/?

According to their website, they translate legal documents between Lao and English. However, they operate from Vientiane, so you may need to go on a little day trip if you're in Savannakhet ;)
turg
Flying in
Flying in

Postby turg » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:49 am

lucas wrote:Could this be what you're looking for: http://www.revolution-translation.com/t ... ench-thai/?
;)
For Vientianne there a couple of local companies suggested through the British Embassy website for legal and translation services. I was really trying to find something her family can use in the south.
lucas
Vientiane Lurker
Vientiane Lurker

Postby lucas » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:36 am

turg wrote:For Vientianne there a couple of local companies suggested through the British Embassy website for legal and translation services. I was really trying to find something her family can use in the south.
Okay, I see. I'm afraid I'm not that familiar with the Southern region, but I hope someone else in here can help...