Well, hello there...

Nyín dee - Welcome - Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the forum.
DaveRoberts
Flying in
Flying in

Well, hello there...

Postby DaveRoberts » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:37 am

Greetings,

My name is Dave, British, 24 and I am currently working in a private school in Southern Thailand with a friend. Our plans are a bit all over the place at the moment but we are definitely considering looking for work in Vientiane when our contract ends in February next year...

...however in the meantime it would be good to get to know y'all. :wave:
lucas
Vientiane Lurker
Vientiane Lurker

Re: Well, hello there...

Postby lucas » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:15 pm

Hi Dave

Greetings from Vientiane :wave:

You should definitely come to Laos when you get enough of staying in Thailand. You won't be disappointed!

I'm sure you will enjoy the laid back style here... ;)
DaveRoberts
Flying in
Flying in

Postby DaveRoberts » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:09 am

lucas wrote:Hi Dave

You should definitely come to Laos when you get enough of staying in Thailand. You won't be disappointed!

Thanks Lucas, I'm sure I would enjoy it too :D

What is living in Vientiane like? Would you recommend it as a place to live?
lucas
Vientiane Lurker
Vientiane Lurker

Postby lucas » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:36 am

DaveRoberts wrote:

To me Laos is the best place in the world to live. I especially like the Lao people who are relaxed and always ready with a smile. Prices are low (-ish), and accommodation is cheap even in the bigger cities. On the downside you may find it difficult to locate the luxury goods you are used to in Thailand, and Lao people don't always have a good understanding of falang needs and culture.

But at the end of the day the positives of living in Laos outweigh the negatives by a mile (in my view) :D
DaveRoberts
Flying in
Flying in

Postby DaveRoberts » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:28 am

lucas wrote:
DaveRoberts wrote:

To me Laos is the best place in the world to live. I especially like the Lao people who are relaxed and always ready with a smile. Prices are low (-ish), and accommodation is cheap even in the bigger cities. On the downside you may find it difficult to locate the luxury goods you are used to in Thailand, and Lao people don't always have a good understanding of falang needs and culture.

But at the end of the day the positives of living in Laos outweigh the negatives by a mile (in my view) :D
Sounds perfect. "Luxury life" is something that I am actually looking to avoid with my next move as I have been living in quite an affluent / touristy part of Thailand and next I want something more minimal and rural. And laid back is always good in my book.

:)