The Buddha Theme Park is worth a visit

Planning your trip to Laos.
laosTraveller
Vientiane Lurker
Vientiane Lurker

The Buddha Theme Park is worth a visit

Postby laosTraveller » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:26 am

If you happen to have several days to spend on your own in Vientiane consider giving the Buddha Theme Park in Vientiane a visit. As the name suggests it's all about Buddha statues. Very interesting, especially if you are into Asian culture and history like me :thumbup: Consider paying a guide to explain the story behind the statues, to get more out of your visit.

The Buddha Theme Park is located a little east of the city centre close to the Mekong river.
BuddhaParkPrices.png
Buddha Park Entrance
Nodia111
Flying in
Flying in

Re: The Buddha Theme Park is worth a visit

Postby Nodia111 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:31 am

laosTraveller, I must say that you have shared great information about Buddha Theme park. I really appreciate you for this great effort. I never visited this park in my whole traveling life. After seeing your post, I want to go there after finishing my Paris trip. The Buddha Park looks an ideal place for enjoyment. I will definitely go there in the future. Great job.
javelin92
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby javelin92 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:05 pm

If you want a 360 degrees view of the Buddha Theme Park try this: 360 view.

I could spend hours there just looking at the beautiful buddha statues. It doesn't look to people crowded either... ;)
Paul
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Paul » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:22 pm

I've been wanting to see the Buddha Park for some time now, and this weekend I finally made it. I'm glad I did, because this has been one of the places I wanted to see before I die...just kidding :-) It truly is an interesting place, and it should be a must-see for the Laos tourist (you won't find anything like it - not even in Disney Land).
StephanieG
Flying in
Flying in

Postby StephanieG » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:36 am

Yes, It is really worth a visit. Xieng Khouang has a unique landscape. It is a park surrounded by old historic Buddha and Hindu statues. You will probably spend an hour here at the most. We caught a taxi for 250,000 kip. The taxi driver agreed to take us there and back stopping also at the Lao- Thai friendship bridge. The we climbed to the top of the pumpkin looking statue to get a 360 degree view. You will need to pay 5000 kip to enter the park.