Dong Ling (Monkey Forest)

Planning your trip to Laos.
AngelaW
Just Landed
Just Landed

Dong Ling (Monkey Forest)

Postby AngelaW » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:58 am

Hi

Have any of you visited the so called Monkey Forest called Dong Ling located in Champhone District? It looks interesting, but I would like to know if it's worth seeing :-)

I read about the place over here http://www.tourismlaos.org/show_provinc ... ont_ID=795
lucas
Vientiane Lurker
Vientiane Lurker

Re: Dong Ling (Monkey Forest)

Postby lucas » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:40 am

If you're around Savannakhet then Monkey Forest is a fun place to visit. But you should be careful of getting to close to the monkeys, as they may scratch or worst case even bite (especially if you carry something they want - like a bottle).
Nathaniel998
Flying in
Flying in

Postby Nathaniel998 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:02 pm

I have been visited this Monkey Forest during my Laos trip. This forest is located in Ban Dong Muong. This park spread on more than 3 hectares and homes to a wide range of monkeys. It is also a nice place to see for the wildlife lovers in Laos.
JohnBKK
Vientiane Lurker
Vientiane Lurker

Postby JohnBKK » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:57 pm

Nathaniel998 wrote:I have been visited this Monkey Forest during my Laos trip. This forest is located in Ban Dong Muong. This park spread on more than 3 hectares and homes to a wide range of monkeys. It is also a nice place to see for the wildlife lovers in Laos.
I like visiting wild life parks, and this monkey forest sounds interesting. Are there many things to see and do in the park and do you think a young child might find it interesting as well? Were there many tourists when you visited (hope not :-) )?